At our school, we give you the opportunity to express yourself through theatre, dance, visual arts and music. You can discover entirely new interests and make new friends! Lessons take place mainly after regular school hours with qualified teachers.
We have a number of different services within:
- Dance (various dance styles)
- Visual arts – painting, drawing, ceramics, etc.
- Song (choir and solo)
- Band (jazz/pop/rock)
- Orchestra (classical)
- Musical instruments (all types)
- Music technology
- Special tuition
On this website you will find a complete overview of our exiting subjects.
Prices and terms
The course fee varies whether it is group tuition or individual tuition. More information about course fees can be found here (in Norwegian).
Low income families can apply for reduced course fee. In order to be granted a free place, the application must be submitted together with the last available tax certificate (ligningsattest). The application deadline is 1 August.
If you sign up for one of our music classes, but do not have your own instrument, you can hire one from the cultural school's instrument stock. We rent out most instruments if they are available, but you should have drum kits, piano and guitar at home. If you play in a wind band, you will lend a instrument from the wind band itself.
When signing up for the cultural school's services, you accept the following terms:
- The agreement is financially binding for the semester, and does not terminate until written notification has been received by the cultural school's administration.
- An SMS must be sent to the teacher if you are absent from a class.
- The withdrawal deadline for the autumn semester is 1 May.
- Some subjects (teaterlek, teater BITS, musikklek, kor, dans) do also have a withdrawal deadline for the spring semester: 1 December.
- If the deadline is not observed, the semester is considered as commenced, and you must pay the full tuition fee.
- Teachers cannot receive withdrawals.
- A written withdrawal notification should be sent to
The cultural school offers both group tuition and individual tuition. Group tuition lasts for a minimum of 30 minutes each week, whereas individual tuition lasts for a minimum of 25 minutes each week. The cultural school sees many positive effects by working in a group, and the students are easily inspired by each other.
As a student, you influence how the tuition will take place and what it will contain. You will also have the opportunity to attend a concert, performance, show or exhibition at least once a year. The tuition takes place mainly in your spare time, after regular school hours, and the language used in the tuition is Norwegian.
The cultural school mainly follows the elementary school's school year calendar, with the same days off and holidays. But there are some exceptions, and the cultural school has its own calendar.
We have teachers with extensive artistic experience and high education, who deliver tuition that is adapted to the individual student's interest and level. Read more about the teachers (in Norwegian).
You will find us here
The tuition takes place throughout the municipality. Our main office and school is located at Østre Asker gård in Asker. In addition, there is tuition at about 30 different of schools and other locations around the municipality.
Become a student
You can become a student if you are between 0 and 19 years old, and live in Asker. The application deadline is 1 May for enrolment in the next school year. There are no requirements for auditions to become a student.
By phone: 66 76 81 00
Visit us at:
Office hours: Weekdays from 09:00 to 15:30.